Wednesday, December 3, 2008

OLD PECAN TREE



It was sad to see the old pecan tree come down. It was quite an ordeal, what with a cherry picker and three brave Mexicans sawing away half a mile up in the air and easing the chunks to the ground with a pulley. It took them two hours to complete the job that probably took the tree a hundred years to produce. We don't know what to do with the empty space it has left in our yard. Frances has ideas, and it will be our project for next year to get some decent landscaping done. Meanwhile, there is a very misplaced woodpecker. Doesn't know where to peck now that his tree is gone. I hear him pecking here and there, trying out new trees, but so far he has not found the likes of the old pecan tree he so diligently pecked at day after day.

4 comments:

ruminations said...

Having trouble posting my comment

ruminations said...

Having trouble posting my comment

ruminations said...

Having trouble posting my comment

ruminations said...

Aha ! It finally posted. I have no idea what I was doing wrong.
It's hard to believe that you killed that lovely tree. What were you thinking of ?